The Granary Mother & Baby centre offers comfortable and safe environment for mother and babies with all necessary facilities.
It is the mother’s responsibility to routinely provide all the necessities for herself and that of her baby however Granary Mother and Baby do have emergency supplies on hand if needed.
Conduct in the Home
Granary Mother and Baby is an intensive home where advice and guidance is provided 24 hours a day. Every family that is placed at the Centre has different needs with varying concerns about their parenting ability. Therefore, the following conditions are standard for all Service Users but each family has other conditions applying that are agreed at the Pre-Placement meeting and is signed by all parties on admission:
- Smoke free.
- No alcohol, solvents or unprescribed drugs are permitted on the premises at any time.
- All music and any other noise should be kept to a minimum and if staff request that the noise level be lowered, the request must be complied with immediately.
- For health and safety reasons no chip pans or candles are permitted.
- The conditions of residents' accommodation should be kept to a reasonable standard and any breakages will have to be contributed to.
- There are no facilities for pets at the Centre.
- Threatening or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Violence or any other anti-social behaviour is not accepted.
- Racist, sexist and other abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Under no circumstances may a room be decorated.
- Service users and staff have a right to have their privacy respected.