The Granary Mother & Baby centre offers comfortable and safe environment for mother and babies with all necessary facilities.
It is the mother’s responsibility to routinely provide all the necessities for herself and that of her baby however Granary Mother and Baby do have emergency supplies on hand if needed.
We have 3 double bedrooms to accommodate mother and Baby. Beds and bedding are included.
Day room/nursery to accommodate toys and changing facilities
Visiting Room with TV
Television/visiting room which allows for privacy and can be booked for two hours slots to ensure privacy and equality amongst all the mothers and babies in the home at a given time
Separate room for Contact and can be booked for two hour slots
Outdoor and enclosed play space
Large kitchen diner where cupboard space is allocated to each bedroom and adequate space for preparation of meals. Furniture, crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils are provided. Fully fitted kitchen with a cooker, refrigerator/freezer and laundry facilities.
Safe environment for children e.g. covers on electric sockets, fire alarms on both floors, entry system on each room, safety gates, temperature controls (18C), security devices, car seats, toys to support stimulation and assist growth and development
Granary Mother and Baby always has emergency supply of nappies, powder, cream, milk and a limited amount of clothes
Conduct in the Home
Granary Mother and Baby is an intensive home where advice and guidance is provided 24 hours a day. Every family that is placed at the Centre has different needs with varying concerns about their parenting ability. Therefore, the following conditions are standard for all Service Users but each family has other conditions applying that are agreed at the Pre-Placement meeting and is signed by all parties on admission:
- Smoke free.
- No alcohol, solvents or unprescribed drugs are permitted on the premises at any time.
- All music and any other noise should be kept to a minimum and if staff request that the noise level be lowered, the request must be complied with immediately.
- For health and safety reasons no chip pans or candles are permitted.
- The conditions of residents’ accommodation should be kept to a reasonable standard and any breakages will have to be contributed to.
- There are no facilities for pets at the Centre.
- Threatening or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Violence or any other anti-social behaviour is not accepted.
- Racist, sexist and other abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Under no circumstances may a room be decorated.
- Service users and staff have a right to have their privacy respected.