Washing a Baby Bottle
Thoroughly clean reusable bottles, caps and nipples. To wash by hand, don't wash them directly in the sink; use a clean basin or container. Pour hot, soapy water into bottles; rotate a baby bottle brush inside until the bottle is clean; wash all caps and utensils; and wash away all soapy
water under running water.
Sterilize baby bottle
Much like boiling, steaming works by raising the temperature high enough to kill bacteria.
- There are several different types of sterilisers available – follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Make sure bottles, teats, caps and utensils are thoroughly clean before you begin.
- Make sure that bottles and teats are placed with openings facing down in the steriliser.
- Add 30ml of cold water to the unit and turning it on.
- Leave bottles in the steriliser until they are needed.
- If you are not using the bottles straight away, check instructions for how long you can leave them in the steriliser before you have to re-sterilise them
Read other Tutorial articles